Thursday, October 22, 2009

Makeshift Mudroom



I have spent a lot of time staring at this entryway furniture from my Pottery Barn catalog. Everytime the catalog comes in, I've looked at the picture and wondered where I could make such a set up work in our house. We don't have a mudroom. Once I figured an area where it could work, I got real and thought about cost. I couldn't justify spending $550 (plus $60 S&H)--not including cushion and baskets. But then I came across this unpainted pine version at Target. At the time of my purchase, Target offered an additional 15% off total purchase and free shipping. I spent $255! I then spent $25 on paint and $23 for fabric/cushion. I got the baskets at Michael's at 50% off. I saved $260 and think the end result is pretty cute.


Pin It!

5 comments:

tiennie said...

It is totally cute! You did a fantastic job!

beth said...

great job! love it!

Sherri said...

Wow...this is great...I didn't even know Target sold unpainted pine!

why not sew? said...

That looks so cute. The baskets are great!

suna said...

looks awesome, a good mudroom=a cleaner house.