Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ten Years

Ten years ago today I married my wonderful, sweet, handsome husband. It is so amazing how time flies. It feels like just yesterday I was saying, "I do." I'm so grateful for him. He's my very best friend.

I started to cry today on the way to dinner. The kids were in the back of the car completely confused as to why I'd be crying. It was 5pm and I had a huge flashback of exactly what I was doing at that moment exactly ten years ago. It made me think about ten years from now our kids will be 17 and 15 and how different life will be then. Time is so relentless. Sometimes I wish it would slow down or stop so I can soak in the moment and never forget the sound of my kids' laughs. I had all those thoughts in a single moment and it felt like so much. I was grateful, happy, and a bit sad all rolled in one.

We were waiting outside the restaurant for B and it was super hot. MiniB said, "I'm so hot, if I get any hotter I'm going to scream like a girl!" Then he proceeded to tell me how when he grows up he wants to be a Hibachi chef, a plumber, and a superhero. Those are the moments I love. I'm a lucky woman indeed!

Pin It!

No comments: