It is Thursday and that means time for My Favorite Things Thursdays! I hope you'll join this linky party. Link up and post your favorite recipe, fashion tip, outfit, product, makeup item, accessory, phone app, song, decorating tip, anything really! Since I've started this link up, I have already searched for some of the favorite things you posted about. I've searched for a lip gloss, Snapple drink, perfume, and hair glosser. I now have a yummy banana creme mason jar recipe I'm dying to try. I just love your posts!
My favorite thing lately is my Brother Label Maker.
I've had it for awhile but have only started to use it more lately. I think I paid $25 for it. It comes with different colors of label tape. The idea of having a lot of labels on stuff made me cringe. I consider myself a very organized person but even I thought I had to draw the line and labels seem annoying. But it is pretty handy. I try to refrain from labeling everything. I use it to:
1. Label the kids' school supplies.
2. Label my filing cabinet folders.
3. Label medicines with what ailement the medicine treats (I sometimes forget what medication the dog needs when his arthritis flares up and the bottle doesn't remind me of what purpose the medicine serves and because he has allergies, he has multiple medicines).
4. Label the boxes that I store the kids' clothes they've grown out of. I store them in plastic containers and can't write on those so in a glance I can find the container I need by the age and size that the label states.
6. Label the dogs' food and treats so housesitters know which food goes to which dog (important for my allergic dog!).
7. Great for craft room organization! I know exactly which bin has my 8 x 11" paper and 12 x 12" paper without pulling it out. I guess that would seem obvious at a glance but I sometimes have scraps that make it messy.
8. Pantry organization!
9. Great for labeling your Christmas boxes. You know exactly which box has the lights for the tree versus the banister lights. Everything needs to be packed up a certain way to ensure it all fits back the way it came out. The labels help me remember.
I'm sure I've used it more. I keep finding new uses for it. We own a cabin that we rent via VRBO.com. I'm able to label things for our guests to help them know where the hidden garbage disposal switch is, where to put the thermostat at in winter upon departure, label remotes so they know what each remote goes to to avoid major confusion.
There are many colors of label tape you can use. My maker has lots of bells and whistles I need to learn more about. There are cute fonts, different size of type depending on your need, and more that I just haven't learned about yet!