Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My week!

My week has been crazy! You ever have a week where you feel so much gets piled on you are going to break? We had a rough one but I'm starting to see the light.

I can relate to this toad stuck in our basement window well. We finally came and freed him and there is wet vegetation in his future. I hope our week is the same and we have smoke-free skies ahead of us.

So I shared on Twitter how I'd let you know why I tweeted a picture of myself in a wheelchair. I had a headache all last week. I actually thought I had an ear infection because it hurt so much near my temple. Doctors are pretty careful with my headaches because my mom and uncle died of brain aneurysms in their 30s. So, I had an MRI and MRA. Praise God that they were both clear and normal. It turns out I had a migraine. I have never had a migraine before--only tension headaches that I can always sleep off. I not only couldn't sleep or medicate this one off, I had shooting lightening bolt pain that I thought would bring me to my knees. Any of you have migraines? It's all new to me. After the all clear, Brian and I went to Best Buy to wait for the kids to get out of a movie that my dad took them to so they wouldn't worry. I had him wheel me around because I was still a bit woozy from the blood work and my lighting headache pain was still happening. I was hoping in my fraile state he'd buy me the laptop I want. :) But considering the MRI was quite costly, no laptop today!

MiniMe took "chef" classes at various local restaurants. She made cinnamon rolls, pasta, pizza, salad, cupcakes, and more. I loved her little creations. One day this week while at class, she fainted. I wasn't there but I saw her shortly after. She was fine the rest of the day and the doctor said to keep an eye on her. Unfortunately later that night we thought we'd have to take her to the ER for a broken wrist (rough housing with her brother) but it was just a sprain. Not sure why she fainted. My best guess is dehydration or low blood sugar.

Photo shoot for my shop--the highlight of my week. Fun time! Thanks Tori!

We have very smoky skies again today. MiniB's asthma was improving until today. Thank you for all your kind thoughts, sweet words, and prayers. I'm grateful for all my blog buddies. You guys are awesome. :)

Linking up with Jeannett at Life Rearranged for Insta-Friday. I know I'm early. I'm scheduling this post so that I can relax a bit. Hope you are having a great week and staying cool. Do you live the the part of the country experiencing the heat wave? If so, I feel for ya!

Photobucket

Pin It!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Carolyn, I'm so sorry y'all had such a rough week. Thankful that your MRI/MRA were clear! Praying for the remainder of this week and weekend to bring you and your family peace and rest!

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Wow. That's so scary! I'm so glad to read that you're ok. Migraines are NO fun. I get them, often. The only thing I can do (if I don't catch one in time with my migraine meds) is to sleep it off. I hope for you, that you never have one again.
How fun that MiniMe was able to take those cooking classes. My daughter would LOVE that. Yikes, fainting isn't fun (ugh, I do that often too. lol) Hope you have a great & relaxing weekend!

~julee~ said...

Sending good thoughts your way!

Meredith ~ La Simple Bliss said...

OMG rough week!! I hope you have a restfull, event free weekend.

Shelby@ My Perfectly Imperfect World said...

Oh my goodness! What a week! I'm so glad to hear you are OK! Here's to a better week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooo. I had no idea! Hope you're feeling 100% now, friend.