Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 26, 2013

SHS Book Club: The Memory Keeper's Daughter

If you are looking for a book that is a major page turner, a book you can absorb in a day out of the sheer desire to know how it will end then The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards is a book you'd like.

Without giving too much away, the basic plot focuses on two families and the moment each of their lives changed forever. A decision that was made by one parent, changed the course of everyone else's lives and the book explains how a choice made in an instant can have everlasting effects--good and bad. And how the innocent are also greatly touched by choices that others have made.

Although the plot kept my interest, besides Phoebe, I didn't find any other character very likable. Their crazy and cold-hearted choices didn't make them appealing. I wanted to know the outcome of the story but I didn't find myself hoping for a certain ending for any of them. I do wish there were more characters I cared for but I still enjoyed the book. It's the kind of book you would want to read on a plane flight. It grabs your attention quickly.

I recently found out that this book was a made into a movie in 2008. It features Dermot Mulroney and Emily Watson. I haven't seen the movie yet but plan to some point soon. I never heard of the movie. If you've seen it, tell me what you thought of it.

My next book I'm reading is a little out there for me. I've never read Stephen King. Is that kind of incredible? I don't know why. It's a genre I do like. Then I go and choose a Stephen King book that is unlike any of his typical ones. I am reading 11/22/63. Have you read it? OMG. Can't wait to share! Are you on Goodreads.com? I'm sillyhappysweet on Goodreads. I'd love your recommendations!

Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments: