Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Operation KSL

If you knit socks, then you know about Cookie A and her incredible sock patterns. I was so excited when got her Knit.Sock.Love (great name for the book btw!) book. This book is like a beautiful coffee book to me. I love to flip through it and consider what colors I'd use for each pattern.

Then I had a brilliant idea....in much the same vain as Julie & Julia, I want to tackle every single pattern in the book. It is ambitious, I know. I don't have a timeframe, just the desire to do it. I'll call it Operation Knit.Sock.Love (KSL)Soooo........here are the BFF socks:

Pattern Name: BFF, pg. 23

Yarn Brand: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock yarn

Yarn Color: Mossley Manly (lightweight)

DPN size: US 1

Size Knit: S

Project Timeline: Took 7 days

This is a great project to work on while watching TV because it is easy to follow the chart AND keep up with the plot of the show. I love cables. I think these socks have a simple, clean design. I wear a size 7 shoe so I try to stick to size small (between 60-64 cast on stitches).

I only knit socks with Blue Moon yarn. It isn't that I don't like other sock yarn, I just find it easier to order online since don't have a LYS. I love their colorways and the yarn holds up really well over time. I'd love to branch out and try other brands. What is your favorite brand of sock yarn?

Pin It!

No comments: