Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Photo Challenge for May

I desperately want to be a better photographer. In 2010, I participated in the 365 Challenge. It was an awesome learning experience but it was also a lot to take on. I realized I started to become perfectionistic about which pictures I wanted to post and it became more time-consuming that I had initially thought it would. I made it all the way to August though taking a picture every single day and posting it. What I realized through that experience and in looking at all the images over the year, was it is pretty funny that from the mundane images I took, I have a really sweet life! From an image of my kids on their Slip-n-Slide to pictures of B's and my feet as we snuggle on the bed, I am blessed.

That brings me to Instagram. Don't you LOVE Instagram? You can make a boring picture look so fabulous with the touch of a button! So, I decided to do a 30-day photo challenge. Maybe I can actually be successful with completing this one. I found the below list off of Pinterest. Seems easy enough, right? Not so! My first photo is posted below (my self portrait). It took me forever to get it right and I'm still not satisfied (the lighting brings out my eye wrinkles, my smile looks fake, my hair was not flattering, etc.). But then I realized that looking at the list, I was going to have to take a lot of pictures of myself so I better just be real with this challenge and post a picture that might not be so flattering. And, just like with the other challenge, the imperfections are what makes life more real and special anyway. Anyone want to join me in this challenge?

Pin It!

No comments: