Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where I've been

I visited my hometown this past weekend. It was a fun road trip. Seven hours of drive time. I drove most of it because Brian had to listen to his lecture for school on his laptop.

I grew up in Santa Fe, NM. Every year the town celebrates Fiestas to commemorate the reconquest of the city in 1692 by Spanish colonists. Fun stuff. So, the city burns a 52-foot paper puppet. They call him Zozobra or "Old Man Gloom" and people put their troubles to paper and fill him up and burn him. Weird, right? If I didn't grow up watching him every year, I'd think it was pretty weird too.

The kids had a blast. They totally bought into all the junk that is Fiestas--balloons, junk food, glowing necklaces, more junk food.

We spent a lot of time at the Plaza. Guess what we were doing? Yup--eating junk food!

We took silly pictures while we waited for the next mealtime to come around!

Ultimately the kids had a great time and were exhausted. I now need to go on a serious diet. UGH!

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

k@ye said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love going to fiestas but my hubby isn't always as motivated as me so it's never really a priority in our activity list.