Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snack Station

I've racked my brain and scoured the Internet and Pinterest for where I got this idea so I can give proper credit. Unfortunately I can't recall.

Snacks are now easy around here thanks to wherever I got this idea! Setting up a snack station is super easy. You simply purchase a basket or large plastic container for housing your snacks. We have a pantry station and a refridgerator station.

Prior to setting up a snack station, my youngest would interrupt me for a snack. Sometimes I am in the shower or folding clothes or on the computer. He is able to get his own snacks but he's not always great at portioning the right amount of whatever he wants. Therein lies the beauty of the snack station....I preportion the snack for him!

So now, when I'm lathering up in the shower and he immediately wants a snack, I just say, "Go to the snack station!" It's so much easier and I don't have to drop what I'm doing!

I try to create a balance of healthy snacks and snacks that they really like. They don't usually want the carrot sticks but I do sometimes have to let them know if they want a snack they have to reach for a healthy one this time. In a pinch, when I'm running late making lunches in the morning, I can cheat by reaching in the snack stations for pre-portioned food in a jiffy.

If you find yourself always being interrupted, give the snack station a try in your home.

Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments: