Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 21, 2013

SHS Book Club: Look Again

Every once in a while I need me a good mystery or whodunnit. I was in a hurry at Target and just grabbed this book not knowing a single thing about it except the tagline intrigued me--"What would you do if the face in a missing child photo was your son?" Intriguing, right??

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline was a really good, fast-paced read. It takes you through some twists and turns and wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be. I love writing where each chapter leaves you with a tiny cliff hanger, making you want to know more. A few times, I stayed up late because I didn't want to go to bed because each chapter end kept me more and more curious.

I love the thriller/mystery genre. If you have some recommendations for me, please do share. I find that there are so many authors in this genre that I feel overwhelmed. I used to love authors like Sue Grafton and Mary Higgens-Clark but as I got older, these were way too predictable and now I'm at a loss for who the best mystery writers are anymore.

The book I read after is The Violets of March by Sarah Jio. She is one of my new favorite authors. I read another book by her called Blackberry Winter. My review is here. Seriously, you won't go wrong reading anything by Sarah Jio. I liked the Violets of March even more than Blackberry Winter. I can't wait to tell you about it. If you are on Goodreads, follow me here!


Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments: