Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 30, 2014

SHS Book Club--The Husband's Secret

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty is a book about a husband who writes a letter to his wife in the event of his death only his wife finds the letter while her husband is still alive. Intriguing, right? The plot had serious potential but it kind of all fell apart for me. I would have loved to see this book go more of the mystery route, instead it felt more like chick lit. The women in the book didn't have much depth and seemed gossipy and blah.

Having said that, I definitely got through the book quickly and wasn't bored. It is a good summer read. I can imagine this story being a "movie of the week" type of movie. Just like those movies, you are pulled in in the moment but asked months later what the book is about, you can't remember and have to read the jacket to recall.

Are you on Goodreads? Follow me on Goodreads here!

Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments: