Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 2, 2014

SHS Book Club--And the Mountains Echoed

I read And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini in three days. I didn't want to put it down but I didn't want it to end. I love books that take you to other places--books that have characters with real depth and heart. This is that kind of book. This is my first Hosseini book. I have The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns on my "Want to Read" list. I've read that And the Mountains Echoed isn't as good as his other two. If that is the case, I can read those two because I thought this was so good! I am saving those two for later because I know once I start them I will probably not put those down.

The book takes place in Afghanistan, Paris, San Francisco, and a Greek island. Don't worry, it is easy to follow. The theme of the novel is about separation. Despite the sad theme, the book is beautifully hopeful. If you see this book at your library, snap it up. My library never seems to have it available. I was on a waiting list for it.

Are you on Goodreads? Follow me here on Goodreads!

Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments: