Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homemade Bread





I wish I had more time on my hands (doesn't everyone?). I'd bake bread for my family every single week. There is just something about pulling those fresh loaves out of the oven and smelling their warm, yummy, goodness that makes you feel good about life. When the loaves are still warm, I will cut a piece for the kids and spread a little butter and honey. It makes them happy, which makes me happy.

I've been working on this recipe for some time now. It still needs some work. The flavor is excellent--a little sweet and just the right wheat/white flour combination. But the consistency could use some work. My loaves always feel a bit heavy and not as light and airy as I hoped. They aren't like bricks or anything but they do feel a bit dense. If you have any advice, please share. It is a work in progress!
Pin It!

7 comments:

erica said...

I love homemade bread. This looks really tasty!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for your comment!! I love your blog!

Julie said...

Thanks for the comment on mine too! (The soup always hits the spot) Have you tried the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day? I'm starting my first batch tonight... I could live on bread.

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh hysterically at this post because my significant other has recently been OBSESSED with trying to make the perfect bread. However, he has failed 3 times now, and is starting to get down about it, but not so down that he's given up... do you have a recipe and instructions for this???

v8grrl said...

can you give us your recipe?

:)
mmmmmmmm
v8

Deanna said...

I've been playing with the no-knead recipes. Not overly happy with the flavor (yeasty--which is why I don't like beer). I'd love to see your recipe, too.

I love the Purl Bee site, too!

BTW, I think you live right behind my brother's house...they have a trampoline in their back yard and a Bernese Mountain dog that runs all over the place.

dana said...

This looks delish! Will you be posting the recipe? I've been looking for a good wheat bread recipe