Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 6, 2009

12 Degrees



The high today was 12 degrees! Yowser, it was darn cold. We also woke up to 4+ inches of snow. After shoveling the driveway/sidewalks, we attempted (unsuccessfully) to make a snowman. We didn't last for very long. It was too cold and the snow was too dry. The best part of having fun in the snow is coming in for some hot cocoa with marshmallows--or a little cocoa with our marshmallows.

You remember that sweet poem from childhood:
Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,
That, is the finest of suppers, I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please,
I think I shall always insist upon these.



In keeping with tradition, we gobbled our marshmallows, dipped our animals and sipped our cocoa. The kids loved it. I wish I took pictures outside. I was afraid for my lens, it was that cold.




After our treat, we sat by the Christmas tree and fire and listened to Christmas Carols. I had a good laugh at watching the kids make funny faces in the ornaments, which then led to them start kissing all the ornaments. Too cute!





It was the perfect day, just PERFECT. I love these kinds of days. It is definitely why I love this season!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I've never heard that poem but love it! We don't have animal crackers in Aus but I am sure I can find something that would work. Tiny Teddies maybe! & the mugs the kids are using are just too cute!