Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Operation KSL: Hedera

In this post I wrote about Operation KSL and my quest to complete every pattern in the book Knit.Sock.Love by Cookie A. I saw that there is a Knit.Sock.Love Knit-A-Long on Ravelry! I'll have to look into that further.

Anywho.....the next pattern I took on was Hedera. I mentioned in my last post how I've only knit socks with Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock yarn. I branched out and tried something new! I used Spud & Chloe yarn. They also have some yummy colorways. Here are the details:

Pattern Name: Hedera, pg. 11

Yarn Brand: Spud & Chloe

Yarn Color: Clementine (fine)

DPN size: US 1

Size Knit: S

Project Timeline: 4 weeks to complete

I loved this pattern! You might recognize Hedera because Cookie featured it in Knitty. It was an easy repeat and as the pattern formed, I loved the look of it with the orange yarn. I think this pattern is best-suited with a solid color but I'd be curious to see it with a verigated yarn. I knit my socks in the evening after the kids went to bed. Is a month a long time to finish a pair of socks? I have finished socks much faster and I could have completed these faster but life gets in the way sometimes.

I like to finish my socks with a star toe. I like the way it looks and feels and it spares me from the dreaded Kitchener stitch! I find my toes look really stubby when I finish socks with Kitchener. Do you have a favorite toe finish?

I like Cookie's patterns because most of her patterns are knit from the leg down to the toe. I'm not a toe up kind of gal I guess! Do you have a preference?

Pin It!

No comments: